What to Do at the Scene of an Auto Accident
- STOP immediately, but do not obstruct traffic.
- ASSIST injured then call the police. Call again after 5 minutes if they have not responded.
- SECURE names, phone numbers, and addresses of other drivers, witnesses, and injured persons.
- SECURE make, model, and vehicle identification numbers of all cars involved.
- MAKE a rough drawing of the scene, showing position of cars and other details.
- DO NOT make or accept claim settlements at the scene of the accident.
- REMAIN calm, courteous, and consistent in your version of the accident.
- NOTIFY us as soon as possible.